Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

im new to all this so i need some help.

I bought a new LCD projector(hitachi cps220wa) for a good deal and reading on this forum,i come to a conclusion that i need some kind of a external devise like a : scaler,doubler..ect.

Im building a home theater and will be watching mostly DVD's only,so if anyone can tell me at what devise should i be looking at or any websites that will tell me what devise to use for a LCD,dontwanna buy a scaler but end up needing a doubler!

I also have a sony dvd(dvp-c670d) player and RICHTER speakers(they are very popular here down under) and a yamaha amp/reciever.

Ive tried the projector on a white wall(ive got a draper 16:9 screen-not set up yet)and im happy with the picture as it is,so if i can improve it even for a bit...great.

Thanks for listening and any info would be great,

Thank you...

ive posted this also on another forum...in the LCD section

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi mate!

you could try the dvdo iscan plus upscaler. It has had great reveiws in widescreen reveiw and is a fraction of the price of those like farodja.

You may also show look at a line filter/power conditioner. These two devices will make incremental improvements overall.

I am actually looking at richard greys power company model 400
http://www.richardgrayspowercompany....iews/main.html

You may also should check the scaning frequency of your projector. As I beleive for a line double scaler to work you have to have a projector that can handle the higher scanning frequency.

Check from the store you bought it.
http://www.dvdo.com/dvdo/iscanpro.asp

hope these links help you mate.

ben

·
Registered
15,044 Posts
As Ben pointed out, you need a video scanrate convertor. Its output must match the resolution of your projector (800x600). In the home video market, such a device is called a scaler.

A line doubler merges the two fields of an interlaced video signal into a single frame, generating a progressive video signal. It does not change the total number of scanlines in a frame.

If you had a higher resolution projector, an add-on scaler would have the advantage that it could letterbox a full resolution anamorphic DVD video signal within the higher resolution of the projector. You wouldn't have to letterbox those DVDs in the player, which loses vertical resolution. I'm not sure that would gain much with the projector you have, however.

You should probably post detailed questions either in the video processor forum or the digital projector forum.

I hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off...Thank you both for trying to answer my questions.

I will now try and learn/read about the devise's such as scalers and progressive DVD players to see if i can improve anything.

Im fairly new at this LCD thing and its my first one,but not last.

Im glad i found a forum such as this one where i can ask questions and learn from people like you'se.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.