AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I know somewhere in this forum this has been discussed but I cannot find what I'm looking for. I use one of the sony HD camcorders for recording home movies and I would like to burn those movies to Blu Ray to retain HD picture quality. I've purchased the LG 8X external Blu Ray burning drive and now I'm wondering what else I need, besides the discs. Am I right to assume I need special software to burn to blu ray? If so, I'm looking at Roxio Creator Pro 2010, 123 Media Max, and Cyberlink Media Suite 8. Any reviews of each or recommendations? Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngraing1 /forum/post/18217425

Guys, I know somewhere in this forum this has been discussed but I cannot find what I'm looking for. I use one of the sony HD camcorders for recording home movies and I would like to burn those movies to Blu Ray to retain HD picture quality. I've purchased the LG 8X external Blu Ray burning drive and now I'm wondering what else I need, besides the discs. Am I right to assume I need special software to burn to blu ray? If so, I'm looking at Roxio Creator Pro 2010, 123 Media Max, and Cyberlink Media Suite 8. Any reviews of each or recommendations? Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance

I also have a Sony HD camcorder and picked up a Sony multi-function DVD recorder VRD-MC5 (I think there may be a newer model available too now) which supposedly records the full HD image on a standard DVD...I cannot confirm this as I have not tested it out but you may want to give it a look as blank blu-rays are quite expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.