AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you call the thing-a-ma-bobs that cover the AGP/PCI/ISA slots on a PC computer case? I need some as my case didn't come with any and I don't know what the hell they are called! Slot covers maybe? Anyone know a source for high quality ones?

·
Premium Member
17,230 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, C-Man. I'll have to see if they are available in titaniam alloy. You get what you pay for! I've seen rusted covers, not very stylin' on the HTPC.

Apparently I didn't "Watch out for the newer (usually cheaper) cases that just use stamped metal to cover these slots. Once you punch one out you can't put it back in."

My case manufacturer is Ho Chi Minh or some schizznit like that. Nice case, except for the purple power and reset buttons. At least they aren't pink I guess. I was going to use plastic dye to get them a nice black color, but never ot around to that.

I popped off one of the stamped cover just below the AGP port thinking I could mount my MP-1 BNC connectors there but there isn't enough real-estate to have the card and the connectors mounted right next to each other. It's a huge ****ing card! Being the OC person that I am I will pop them all out, put covers on, and have in the back of my head that I ****ed up and should have been more careful which ones I popped out. The case will never be the same again! :(

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
In a pinch I have used duct tape. It is almost the same color. ;)

- Tom

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Quote:
http://www.best-case-scenario.com carries the highest quality slot covers available. The low-oxide zinc really adds punch and depth to all vacant audio and video slots.

Much better than standard (0.8 mm) stamped metal slot covers. I can't believe some people still use those in their HTPCs.
It does work! It does work! So do those little ceramic stands to lift speaker cable off the floor and $500 power cables!!!!!!!!!!!

heheh

- Rick

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
trash talkin bout slot covers; funny colored glow in the dark LED fans; man, if i see a pig fly, i'd have seen everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.