AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just attempted to check the temp on my Hughes and the thermometer (digital) shut off at 110 degrees. By the way it was slowing, I'm guessing that it wasn't much hotter than that. Oh, the unit had just been turned on, but I'm not sure that there is a reall difference since it has been said that the only difference is the ouputs are turned on in "on" mode.

When everyone says that their Hughes, Mitsubishi, Toshibas run hot, are they talking in the 110-125 degree range?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I was not quiye sure where to insert the thermometer :) , but are you using your box for sattelite and do you have the newest software (5099)?

baimo

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I am guessing it was a digital thermometer meant for measuring fever in a human. It is not suprising that the thermometer stopped registering at 110 as a fever of 110 in a human would cause death in VERY short order.

As far as the unit is concerned, if it is too hot to place your hand on for an arbitraily long period it is too hot.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey Bash, told you to get the Toshiba, not the Hughes!! Just ribbing you !! Hope you are enjoying your new STB!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DTC mac,

Holding my hand on it is no problem, so I guess I'm okay. Yep, it was a "when you get sick"- type of thermometer.

PTS--- Ah now, that wasn't called for ;) Yep, I'm lovin' it, I just need to get a few over the air channels and I'll be set.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
What's interesting is that when I auditioned one of these STB's, I thought it ran *very* hot: in other words, I couldn't keep my hand on it for very long. Then I ended up with the HD-100, which was no hotter, but had a fan; that's part of the reason I eventually "pulled" the fan and still run OK 24/7 after a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.