AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night at 9:00pm, in the Eastern time zone, there was a special news report that lasted about 30 minutes. This not only screwed up my 9:00pm recordings but every one after that as well. I have 2 5040's and when I noticed that my shows would be delayed I went into the record options and extended the recordings by 30 minutes. However this didn't seem to work the shows had already started to record when I changed the record time length.

Anyway I thought I would start this thread to see what other people do when this happens, maybe we can discover the best way to handle this issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
I noticed this also and had recordings to "save" as well. We record CSI ands then Without a Trace, which are back to back. Since WAT would get the second half of CSI, I just set it to one time record the local news after WAT, and I was all set.

If I didn't already have the back to back shows on the same channel, I would have had to scramble and use one of the other Replays upstairs.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by quartrj
Anyway I thought I would start this thread to see what other people do when this happens, maybe we can discover the best way to handle this issue.
Don't vote for Bush. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by brianric
Don't vote for Bush. :D
When I started this thread I was careful to say that my shows were preempted by a Special News Report to try to keep this topic from getting Political. I guess that was to much to expect.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I head for the nearest status bar and cry in my beer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 45xx and I can extend shows that are already recording .. which i had to do last night so I could record CSI .. here are the steps:

Go to the Replay Guide and highlight the show currently recording

push the "

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jimbalaia
Go to the Replay Guide and highlight the show currently recording

push the "

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
known-bug going way back...you can't pad shows that have already started recording, you have to record the next show

would be nice if the replay would tell you after you pad it that this won't apply to the show that is currently recording...but no dice so far

all you can do when you know delays are coming is to pad the s*** out of all your shows and check for conflicts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.