AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Budget is around $400. This is for a bedroom. What is the best bang for buck out there, online or instore purchase?

I'm considering the Samsung T240HD for $400 from sams club.

·
Registered
331 Posts
T240HD seems like a good choice, Its a PC monitor that also dubs as an HDTV with a built in ATSC and QAM tuner.

It also has a native resolution of 1920x1200 which is of course a 16:10 display and supports 1080p.

It has a DVI, VGA, 1 Component and 2 HDMI inputs.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what samsung's website says about it:

"The SAMSUNG T240HD HDTV monitor looks more like artwork than a high-performance video display. It features revolutionary Touch of Color™, a built-in full HD 1080p digital HDTV tuner, so you can watch both TV and HDTV, and 10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for sharp images. Beautifully designed, the T240HD is unlike any monitor you’ve ever seen."

&

"The T240HD features a built-in full HD 1080p digital HDTV tuner, so you can watch both TV and enjoy the benefits of high-definition entertainment."

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went ahead and ordered the T240HD from ecost for $350 shipped.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegel /forum/post/15447066

I would suggest a 40 inch XBR. They can be had for under 1400 all day!

Couldn't resist.

Way to big for my set-up. This is going on a table at the end of my bed, so 40" would be over kill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.