AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of re-deoing my system ecentualy. So I would like to start it around the center channel..My budget is about 200 for a center. And ill match the rest of the system from then on. So for about 200 whats the best center you can think of or recommend?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Frank,

I am aware of what I recommended and yes, I understand it is 75% more.

That's the reason why I mentioned the price right next to the link.

skilzygw will speak for himself. He is thinking of Home Theater and for HT the center channel is one of the most important components.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about a Paradigm CC-170.

The only problem with a 350 dollar center is I have to cough up the amount to match the fronts. WHich could be significantly more expensive.

How are the polk speakers that match the csi30 compared to the paradigm center and i would guess something like titans as fronts?

which would be a better sounding system?

I actually listened to some titans and really enjoyed the sound is was very smooth, my sound now seems sort of like i dont know how to explain it. Like muiffled where the titans i really could hear all the instruments. I felt like if someone where to play a sound of someone scratching a chalkboard on my speakers i wouldnt even flinch but on the titans i would be cowering under my table in hte fetal position.

I heard a pair of polk fronts at circuit city but im not sure which ones. It sounded great but then again it was only jurrasic park and not the classical music i heard on the titans.

Thanks for the input.

I was only looking at floorstands, but how do you think something like the

POLK RTI28 stack up against the

paradigm Titan bookshelves?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Ascend Acoustics CMB 170. Also check into what the Rocket ELT CC sells for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.