AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have the Logitech Revue Google TV, XBOX 360 w/Media Center, and my Directv HR20 HD DVR. All of them can do streaming from the PC but for me the XBOX 360 works best. Rarely do it so not a big issue but I wish the Revue would work better at it, couldn't care less if the HR20 does it or not.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
I have a Dune Smart D1, Dune BD Prime, HTPCs, PCH A200/C200, etc... all get movies streamed from my WHS.

The Dunes are probably used the most in my household, and have been the most stable.

·
Registered
372 Posts
WDTV Live - wireless N in the bedroom.

Boxee Box, Xbox 360, and PS3 - Powerline 500Mbs in the living room. I tried all of them until I got the Boxee Box last which works best for me since I watch a lot of fansubbed anime and none of the other plays played all of the formats I used or worked with the stylized subtitles. There are still a lot of things I don't like about the Boxee so I have my eyes on the Tizzbird F30 but I have heard nothing new on it so I might end up waiting until hopefully the end of this year when the Sigma players with XBMC start showing up if that's still happening. I really don't want to go the full HTPC route but it's looking more likely with nothing popping up to do what the Boxee Box does all in one box without having to run separate software on my PC like Zappitti.

·
UHD Addict
39,566 Posts
I use Boxee Boxes, a Roku2, C200, PopBox, and Xtreamer. My local content is mainly BD ISOs stored on my WHS, unRAID, INTEL NAS, and Dlink NAS. I mainly use my Boxee boxes since they have the best combination of local and online playback. but since getting my Roku2 I find I'm using that more for my online content now, and I'm also using my C200 more lately for playback of my BD ISOs since there are any audio dropouts from the advanced codecs.

But as my local content grows, a quick UI with quick access to the content is more important. I'm only using built in features of my media players for aggregating my content.So my Boxee Box is still the easiest to navigate all my content since it is much faster and presented better.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Boxee Box from unRAID, Synology 210j, Synology 411j; with a WDTV Live relegated to the kids' room. Interface and media library options make it no comparison. Mostly local media, the rest consists of "watch later", friends feed, espn3, mlb, nhl, navi-x..

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
WDTV Live wired with B-rads firmware the group works on, works very well for me.

Just got a D-link 651 10-100-1000/wifi router too mainly for the faster wired ports and wifi for my new cheap Sylvania Chinese tablet.

Have a few shared folders and 2 large external USB drives hooked up full of goodies, about to add a third 2 tb to the mix
I almost never burn disks any more and my pile hasn't grown for a while...

·
Registered
Yamaha TSR700 (Bose 301II’s), DirecTV 4K, Apple TV 4K, Philips 4K BDP, LG 75” Nanocell
595 Posts
EyeConnect to my PS3 and HR20. PLEX/EyeConnect for the LG 47LV5500

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.