AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the panny 91, do you think that would be somewhat similar to the panasonic 72 for calibration as I was reading about calibration in a sharp 10000 post about the pj being calibrated using a panasonic 72. I have it directly hooked up to the 10k but I am getting an hd receiver and was wondering if it would be beneficial to hook up direct to the projector for this too or would it work to send one run to say input 1 from my receiver. I have a denon 4802 with component switching so I could run one run and have it all switched at the receiver. I saw that the input for 1 and 2 in the post had different settings in a calibration for the dvd input and hd input. So I was wondering if maybe it would be important to have both using different inputs. What is everyone's feelings on this and if you do recommend direct connect using two runs can you just run a good qs coax and put on some connects on for component or what does everyone recommend here.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Don't know if this helps......

I am running both of my component devices (DVD, HD) into INPUT 1, and SVHS into INPUT 3 on the Sharp. These are then selected through my receiver (B&K 507). Different settings can still be maintained for each "virtual" input by selecting the input memory settings based on the source input selected.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am also using those settings posted recently by SaulP. For optimal viewing, the settings need to be set based on the input source. The only diference is that I am only using INPUT 1 on the Sharp for both component sources and switching from my receiver. The settings are saved (as MEMORY 1 for HDTV and MEMORY 2 for DVD) as was posted, except the MEMORY number is selected based on the source being selected.

I have found those settings excellent for my HD STB (3100HD) and for DVD, although that may need some tweaking as my player is different.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Ingeborgdot, if your HD receiver has either DVI or RGB, I would recommend running a separate cable. Although it may not be that noticable but you are cutting out extra analog cable length (which may pickup interference) and switching (where the electronics may degrade the signal).

Many people have stated that the above 2 connections do provide a better signal path.

Just remember the key word "MAY".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.