AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had an idea. to do an entire series of articles on just physics.

for example an article on back EMF. an article on inductance. an article on acceleration. etc.

i suppose there are such articles elsewhere but it doesn't seem like anybody has been reading them.

do you think this is a stupid idea ?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on a related note - what do you think came first - the universe or mathematics ?

is mathematics the language that describes the universe or is universe an expression of mathematics ?

i think that mathematics > universe. either that or they're one and the same.

it will be funny to see what happens after the artificial intellignece explosion. will infinite intellignece find reality to be finite ?

LOL !

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasyachkin /forum/post/17018147

i just had an idea. to do an entire series of articles on just physics.

for example an article on back EMF. an article on inductance. an article on acceleration. etc.

i suppose there are such articles elsewhere but it doesn't seem like anybody has been reading them.

do you think this is a stupid idea ?

nope. I'd read them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Google it. theres a ton of data out there. Just not typically on DIY speaker forums.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasyachkin /forum/post/17018156

on a related note - what do you think came first - the universe or mathematics ?

is mathematics the language that describes the universe or is universe an expression of mathematics ?

i think that mathematics > universe. either that or they're one and the same.

it will be funny to see what happens after the artificial intellignece explosion. will infinite intellignece find reality to be finite ?

LOL !

What exactly is intellignece? Artificial, infinite, or otherwise?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The late, great, Grace Hooper would remind you there is no such thing as artificial intelligence. I might add the well worn adage that any technology advanced enough is indistinguishable from magic. Fun to see these two "truths" side by side!

In the CS field we define knowledge as an extraction from information, extracted from data, extracted from bits. Above knowledge we list wisdom, but it is so rare we don't talk about it much.

Mathematics is the language of the universe. Not the universe. See Nova last night? On Mandelbrot. Best one I have seen in years. I wonder how his work could apply to acoustics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts