AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have searched all I could on here and cannot seem to figure out which projector to go with. I have a basement home theater room that is also used as a game room. It's 55 feet long and 15 wide so throw isn't an issue. It also has windows but I will be working on treatment for them. My dealer keeps reccomending the Epson 6010 with a dragonfly high contrast 120" screen. Is this this setup you would all reccomend for movies and games? I do play FPS games quite a bit and would be using the projector for that purpose pretty frequently. I have heard great reviews on the Panny PT-AE7000 for gaming but I was curious about the picture quality. I have seen the EPSON on movies and it looked incredible. I also haven't heard of dragonfly screens but I am getting both with the install, a stand and speaker wires ran for fronts and surrounds for 5500 so it seems like a good deal. I am open to any reccomendations and appreciate your help in advance. I am new to the projector world and even with alot of research it can be overwhelming, I am mostly concerned with the lag on the Epson 6010. The screen will be 16:9......Thank You.

·
Registered
499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad2815  /t/1418331/what-do-you-think-for-50-50-movies-and-gaming#post_22182831

Hello Everyone,

I have searched all I could on here and cannot seem to figure out which projector to go with. I have a basement home theater room that is also used as a game room. It's 55 feet long and 15 wide so throw isn't an issue. It also has windows but I will be working on treatment for them. My dealer keeps reccomending the Epson 6010 with a dragonfly high contrast 120" screen. Is this this setup you would all reccomend for movies and games? I do play FPS games quite a bit and would be using the projector for that purpose pretty frequently. I have heard great reviews on the Panny PT-AE7000 for gaming but I was curious about the picture quality. I have seen the EPSON on movies and it looked incredible. I also haven't heard of dragonfly screens but I am getting both with the install, a stand and speaker wires ran for fronts and surrounds for 5500 so it seems like a good deal. I am open to any reccomendations and appreciate your help in advance. I am new to the projector world and even with alot of research it can be overwhelming, I am mostly concerned with the lag on the Epson 6010. The screen will be 16:9......Thank You.

I have read several places that the lag on the Epson 3010, 5010 and 6010 is less than stellar. If your looking to play games on the projector 50% of the time I do not think you will be to happy. I think the lag time is somewhere around 80ms which is high for fast paced games like COD. I think the closest thing in picture quality and with the best lag times would be the Sony VPL-HW30AES which lag times have be reported at 30ms which rocks. I am no professional so keep asking questions, Zombie10k seems to have great knowledge on these class of projectors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks for the input, Inhave been reading a lot of reviews but haven't looked at the Sony yet. Mostly just the Panasonic.

·
Registered
13,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad2815  /t/1418331/what-do-you-think-for-50-50-movies-and-gaming#post_22183234

Awesome thanks for the input, Inhave been reading a lot of reviews but haven't looked at the Sony yet. Mostly just the Panasonic.

The Epson is ~80 MS and the Sony HW30 is ~30MS in it's gaming mode.

Click on the link in my signature for more info on the current models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts