AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone purchase one yet ? Primarily watching movies and Football in a well lit room. Any suggestions? Pros , cons ? Thanks !!!!!!

Troy

·
Banned
4,750 Posts
It's not talked about as often as the A10's but some people will tell you that the additonal features (Dynamic Iris etc) are not all that useful (but then again some will say they are) and I'm enjoying the A20 I purchased.

It's my first HD set so the quality of standard def signals leaves a little to be desired (My roommates RP CRT seems to handle this type of thing better than a fixed pixel display) but DVD through HDMI and my console games through component look great (especially when in 720p) and of course a good quality HD signal looks incredible.

I wanted a big TV that could be moved easily, would do well in a lit room, had no burn in issues because I watch 4:3 content and play games, can be viewed from off angle , and didn't have rainbow issues like the Samsung DLP I had to return. I find the black levels acceptable (worse than my roommates RP CRT but the trade offs are worth it to me).

Supplied remote could be a bit more robust, but I have one of those Sony touch screen LCD dealies on order (found on the internet for 50% of MSRP)

If you like the looks in the showroom I would suggest it. I still look over the TV's when I hit Best Buy etc and it still jumps out at me. Best picture if you ask me with the only thing being close being one of the Samsung DLPs (But as I mentioned I see rainbows)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
See my posts in both the A10 & A20 threads but I've had mine over a month & love it. I use it for HD, SD, Xbox & DVDs. HD looks amazing...especially INHD on Comcast.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really went back and forth recently over which set to buy. I liked the Sony 50" a10 a lttle better than the 55a20 because of less sde. That being said i just couldnt get over how much i noticed sde on all of the lcd sets i looked at. I have always been a Sony guy but i couldnt handle the sde. I went with a 52" Mits 52725. Not as bright as the Sony but the pq seems much nicer and no sde. Just my 2 cents, good luck w/e you decide on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.