AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morel soundspots x5

as far a small satellites go , they are some of the nicest smoothest sounding speakers , and they can crank , ive pushed these to concert level loud on my pio elite and they take it no worries!

Construction Steel sphere enclosures

Dimensions 5¼" (130mm)

Drive units Woofer: 4" (100mm) woofer with 2" (54 mm) Hexatech aluminum voice coil

Tweeter: Acuflex coated soft dome, 1⅛" (28mm) liquid cooled Hexatech aluminum voice coil, with neodymium drive motor acoustically integrated

Nominal impedance 8 ohm

Power handling 100W (1,000W transients)

Operating power 25-120W

Crossover 6dB + 12dB 3,500Hz

Frequency response 95-22,000Hz (-5dB)

Sensitivity (1W 1M) 86dB

Net weight 2.6 lbs (1.2 Kg)

Finish White, black, silver

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was just flicking through the manual and it has a big *note on page 1 - "these speakers need at least 40hrs break in time to perform at their optimum" , they sound damn good as is, can i expect much more? never heard of speakers needing to be run in like a car motor!

· Registered
4,854 Posts
It's a good way to get you to keep the speakers past a reasonable return period.

· The Village Idiot
9,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn /forum/post/16848780

It's a good way to get you to keep the speakers past a reasonable return period.

+1

There are no moving parts in friction with any other parts - if built right - the only thing that could possibly 'break in' would be your ears getting used to the sound. The foam surrounds may be stiff on a few speakers but that won't hinder the sound in any appreciable way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.