AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
21,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, I think I am about to take the plunge and get a 360 (ps3 later for BD only)

Just wondering what everyone thinks of my "starter pack" and the price I am paying

Xbox 360 Console Includes 20GB Hard Drive

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller -

Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player

Xbox 360 HD AV Cable (Intec VGA)

Gears Of War

NBA 2K7

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

Madden NFL 07

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Constantine

The Last Samurai

Batman Begins

1099 Shipped 2 day

Used games

DOA 4

TDU

PGR3

+FNR3 new

105.36 Shipped 2 day

Just wondering what everyone thought I was thinking of jsut getting on of the HDDVDs and getting the rest off of Ebay for cheaper each of the ones I chose is about 19.99. Thanks for any input you can give.

· Registered
217 Posts
Thats a pretty crazy collection to buy right off the mark. Of course its fantastic if you can get all that immediately.

· Registered
21,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outlaw Torn /forum/post/0

Thats a pretty crazy collection to buy right off the mark. Of course its fantastic if you can get all that immediately.

LOL!!! yeah I tend to go big at 1st then taper way down its the start up costs that are always the most. Anything that I should drop or that wouldn't be worth getting or anything that I should consider substituting? Thanks for all the input

· Registered
8,070 Posts
Nice list!

I would add GRAW, Condemed and CoD2 used to that list.

· Registered
4,357 Posts
Getting that many games at once will probably mean a few wont ever make it into the machine or last much longer than a sitting if they do. I'd suggest just getting 2 or 3 then getting more after you've played them. Then again, if I get an hour to play a day I'm lucky, so you might have a lot more time than me.

· Registered
21,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies, the reason for to "wide" selection of games is that I would want a selection for when the nephews(all games) and nieces(DOA4). i will probably play Vegas, GOW and Woods the most, but when i need a break I like to have a selection to just choose what I want to play. I dont buy games that often so this will probably be it until I see a game that I would really want.

· Registered
10,443 Posts
Devils Advocate checking in

Those used games are all at or under $20 bucks right now so you're somewhat overpaying at $105. Buy them all used at EBgames online and use the coupon code SAVER for free shipping.

Dont need the VGA cable unless you absolutely want to watch upscaled DVD's, thats really the only reason to buy it now, or if your display wont accept 1080p over component, tho I'm not sure why anyone would care...if you have a 1080p, first see how it handles the upscaling of 720p or 1080i to 1080p over component before you buy cables you might not need.

I'd ditch the overpriced wireless adapter for sure, and also bag the quick-charge kit since anyone with a brain can remember to plug the wireless controller kit in overnight

· Registered
403 Posts
Is this a "bundle" that you created or that you would be forced to stick with at that price? One reason I say this is because sports titles lose their value or get sold at stores/ebay for much lower prices than their retail rather quickly. As far as one convenient package wrapped in one you appear to not be really saving too much that can be had for a bit less on Ebay/sales at stores. Just my thought.

· Registered
36 Posts
- Maybe another Play and Charge kit for the additional controller?

- I'm not sure if the newer premium systems are including the coupon for 1-month of Xbox Live Gold anymore. If not, I would at least get a 1-month card for that. You will soon see how awsome Live is so you might just want to go ahead and get the year subscription now! What's another $50 when your spending so much already!

· Registered
21,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch /forum/post/0

Devils Advocate checking in

Those used games are all at or under $20 bucks right now so you're somewhat overpaying at $105. Buy them all used at EBgames online and use the coupon code SAVER for free shipping.

Dont need the VGA cable unless you absolutely want to watch upscaled DVD's, thats really the only reason to buy it now, or if your display wont accept 1080p over component, tho I'm not sure why anyone would care...if you have a 1080p, first see how it handles the upscaling of 720p or 1080i to 1080p over component before you buy cables you might not need.

I'd ditch the overpriced wireless adapter for sure, and also bag the quick-charge kit since anyone with a brain can remember to plug the wireless controller kit in overnight

Yeah I went to Gamestop I beleive used the 25% off for XBOX360 games so each is about 20 then FNR3 is jsut over 20 I believe then add shipping and tax and you go just over 100$ for the used games.

VGA cable is to get 1080p/upscaled DVD no matter what content I am playing. My TV Samsung 6188 accepts 1080p over all the inputs thankfully so I can do component in the future if I decide to.

THe wireless adapter is more for convienence then anything to make sure there is the least amount of problems setting up the network. The Play and charge kit is more to give the Unit itself a break so that it doesnt have to "run"(have heard that it still "runs" when off, if charging)

· Registered
21,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 /forum/post/0

Is this a "bundle" that you created or that you would be forced to stick with at that price? One reason I say this is because sports titles lose their value or get sold at stores/ebay for much lower prices than their retail rather quickly. As far as one convenient package wrapped in one you appear to not be really saving too much that can be had for a bit less on Ebay/sales at stores. Just my thought.

No Bundle at all this is all Item for Item as the "bundles" ended up being jsut ass expensive in the end. Once you add tax even after some of the good coupons that are out there it all comes down to about the same price. (I am going all from 1 vendor though for the first "Half" (Amazon) and the Used and FNR3 is all from Gamestop. yeah the sports titles are all under thier "full" 59.99 price actually everything is 49.99 and below. The EA games actually just did a price drop (initiaed by EA) so the prices are based almost all in part off the "new" price guidelines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.