AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I cant post links yet, please search Amazon for TXN2668WHF. Amazon is selling it for $400 shipped, but if you click other sellers, a reputable seller is selling it for $150 with 49 shipping.

This would be my 1st HDTV, and I would pretty much only be watching DVDs and playing Xbox on it. I understand it does not do 720p, but that should be a big issue for DVDs/Xbox should it? Also, when I do decide to get a better HDTV, this would make a great bedroom tv.

So, any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbadub
Since I cant post links yet, please search Amazon for TXN2668WHF. Amazon is selling it for $400 shipped, but if you click other sellers, a reputable seller is selling it for $150 with 49 shipping.

This would be my 1st HDTV, and I would pretty much only be watching DVDs and playing Xbox on it. I understand it does not do 720p, but that should be a big issue for DVDs/Xbox should it? Also, when I do decide to get a better HDTV, this would make a great bedroom tv.

So, any thoughts?
This set is a great buy for $200 so long as you're sure it's new. I saw the $200 under new and used - so just be sure. I san't speak for the reliability of these low price resellers over Amazon. Be sure of what you're getting because returning it could prove difficult.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by homersapien
Scam.
Why do you say that? Its totally covered by Amazons protection policy either way.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have noticed a lot of things like that on amazon. Like a 50" sony plasma for 300 + 150 shipping. The TV retails for like 6k.

If it looks to good to be true...

Sure there may be some sort of protection from amazon, but it's going to be a hassle to resolve for something you will most likely never receive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbadub
Why do you say that? Its totally covered by Amazons protection policy either way.
If you insist, go ahead and contact the seller. You'll quickly find out that they want you to pay them via a method OUTSIDE of Amazon.com. Not so smart, eh? Oh, and when you get an email from [paypal/your bank/your credit card company] telling you your account is blocked and they need your login info to verify the account, yeah, that's a scam too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.