AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MattJ
I may be wrong, but I don't think they are going to make that TV. I think it was replaced by the 50" and 43" DLP TV's that are due out this fall.
Have those been pushed back to the fall?

-Steve

· Registered
3,680 Posts
MattJ

The link in the original post is to the SP-50L2FX not the HLK-506W. The SP-50L2FX however appears to be available in the middle east & Africa and appears to be a fLCD RPTV.

Steve,

I'm not aware that Samsung ever set a date for the new DLP RPTV's other than sometime in 2002. So "pushed back" is an inappropriate term at this point.

Do you have any concrete evidence that Samsung planned release *before* this fall? I'd like to see it if it exists.

Ken

· Registered
1,681 Posts
Dallas, Texas - 8th January 2002: Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (Samsung) and Texas Instruments (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced an agreement under the terms of which Samsung will introduce a new range of large-screen, tabletop TVs using DLPâ„¢ technology. Samsung will demonstrate pre-production units of its first products at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) at the Las Vegas Convention Center (January 8th - 11th) at TI booth #2015 and at the Samsung booth #657 (Central Hall). First shipments of a commercial product are expected in mid-2002.

· Registered
3,680 Posts
There were many press releases on 1/8/02 concerning tabletop DLP. Most stated Q3 or 2002.

At CES Samsung was saying Sept. of 2002. Of course it will ship when and if it does. The printed evidence to date still points to a ship date of later this year. If it does turn out to be closer to June then I'm sure most of us here will be happy.

I'll say we're doing great if they're out in time for some solid reviews before year end. Hopefully by December it will be clear if they are a success or not.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.