AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have 2 or more PVRs (ReplayTV, Tivo, Ultimate, etc), what benefits do you actually get from the additional units ?

Please list actual benefits (i.e. things you have done in the past) as opposed to potential benefits (since we know what those are).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention - if you have any other reasons, please post them here also. We'd love to know.

Also, forgot to mention 2 - my previous poll asked how many PVRs you used (as opposed to owned). 80% of forum members used 2+ PVRs, with half of those owning exactly 2 machines.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Having fallen victim to the power crunch here one was always on, one was always off. The normally off one was just turned on the day before conflict recording.

Thinking it's time to switch back to two always on. The problems of not getting a channel listing the night before has started to bug me. I'm not willing to force connect all the time and push extra costs on to a company I like very much...

·
Registered
450 Posts
That's an interesting question....how much does it cost replaytv each time I connect to download the program guide?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Some shows just belong in an adult only room! We have the living room permanently set to PG13. So many shows like "Last Man Standing" won't record there. We record them on a seperate PVR from a second DSS receiver and watch them after the kids go to bed.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
got my 2nd SS for several reasons

-resolving conflicts

-tired of not being able to control the non-replaytv tv

-more storage

(voted for resolving conflicts)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thew main reasons I got my Second Replay was for space and recording shows at the same time. Survivor and Friends, etc.

At first I was going to have both in the Living room but then I realized I can't watch both at the same time ever, I mean it is physically impossible with one TV in the living room, so I wound up putting it in the bedroom.

Now I find I tape most of the sitcoms (1/2 hour shows) in the bedroom because they are best for watching something funny before going to bed, My wife and I love it!

It is sometimes a pain having to watch something in one room when you wnat to watch it in the other, but the 4000! will fix that !!!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy

(voted for resolving conflicts)
You could have voted for more than one with this particular poll. I voted for 4 items.

Matthew.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.