Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

what do use to play mp3 ?

i need to get really nice player. where can i get one.

thanks safaa

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
The best one (I'm biased because I use it, not because I'm in any way associated with the company that makes it) is J.River's Media Center 9. It has multizone playback and can be controlled from anywhere with Girder and IR remotes or even better with NetRemote from a pc or even a pocketPC. Great stuff! :cool:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi

where can i find

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I use the Overnight Technologies 4am Music Console (free!!!) on my HTPC and J.River's Media Center 9 (worth the price) on my worstation.

Overnight Tech

·
Registered
181 Posts
Foobar2000 is, quality-wise, the best audio player around, due to built-in high-quality resampling, dithering, selectable output bitdepth, and support for various output schemes.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Doh, what's wrong with Winamp+ASIO plugin? That's probably the best quality you can get since its direct to the soundcard without any processing at all, unless you like processing of course. Foobar has the ASIO plugin too so will likely sound identical, but the interface(or lack of one) really does stink quite bad. Heck, I can't even figure out how to forward/reverse within a track.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use WMP 9, ripping the cd using the lossless is great and it populates all the title information automatically. I tried Media Jukebox 8, it was good but did not support the Unicode which is important to me.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Media Center is my player of choice. It's database is, bar none, the best there is. It's amazing what you can do with MC and your music collection.

Foobar is a nice player but, as Goi mentions its lack of any interface may be a turnoff.

WMP 9 is a nice media player as well, however, it's missing some audio codecs I need (APE, OGG, MPC) and it's database and tagging aren't quite up to Media Center 9.

Music Match. To each his own. IMO, the only thing Music Match does well is its SuperTagging feature. Its interface is nonintuitive, ripping is poor and formats too few.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hello

has any one try to play mp3 files using windvd v.4?

it got some features that does not come with power dvd.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
schow07024, unicode is in MC9. And WMP9 really scares me because of the DRM crap. I'm sure there are some sneaky time bombs built in there somewhere! One day the users will only be able to play original CDs and files with correct DRM signature, not open formats like MP3... :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.