AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HTPC that I use for playing bluray, watching Netflix, and playing music.

When we have parties (poker, drinking, etc), I usually play music from my HTPC with the tv turned off.

I'm looking for a jukebox program with a fullscreen visualization play-mode that includes album art and maybe some other cool stuff (lyrics, band art, etc).

iTunes is what I use now, but those freaky visualizations get old pretty quick.

I have a plasma, so the full screen mode can't have static images.

Been searching for a while now and haven't found anything good. Seems odd...

What do you use?

· Registered
729 Posts
I use iTunes on my pc for parties and background music while working or cooking.

· Registered
882 Posts
iTunes as well although I keep the main TV off (it's only music after all, I don't care about visualizations). I don't actually control it from my main HTPC either. I control it from my office computer or laptop and stream it to my stereo via an Apple Airport Express.

· Registered
194 Posts
I like MediaMonkey.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
For those of you guys who use iTunes and have an iPhone or Touch, there's a neat app that will control iTunes. Pretty neat, especially so you don't have to be around the keyboard mouse. Especially handy when you're in the backyard.

I think the app is just called Remote

· Registered
79 Posts
I prefer J River Media Center. It's got a nice interface, has awesome visualizations (g-force and whitecap) and has excellent sound quality. It also features a built in party mode.

· Registered
1,225 Posts
I use Win7's built-in transitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck /forum/post/16857393

For those of you guys who use iTunes and have an iPhone or Touch, there's a neat app that will control iTunes. Pretty neat, especially so you don't have to be around the keyboard mouse. Especially handy when you're in the backyard.

I think the app is just called Remote

Intelliremote is nice too and it controls several apps like Winamp, iTunes, Media Center, etc. I put that on my wife's iPhone so she can control Media Center when she's in the backyard listening to music.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.