AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now im 99% my bulb blew last night but i took out the bulb today and i really dont know what its supposed to look like new or broken, lol.

the filament looks intact but there are some miniscule pieces of something on the bottem that are pretty much stuck to there. ive shook it and nothing sounds like broken glass or anything.

i turned it on last night and definately heard a "pop" as it was turning on. i just dont want to buy another bulb right now if its not the problem.

any help?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
You didn't identify what model of TV you have... Many of them actually have a failure indicator which flashes a certain pattern or lights a certain LED to indicate that a bulb failure has taken place (since it is the single most common failure, after all, and one which is guaranteed to occur given enough use).

Prior to removing the bulb/lamp, you might want to see what the flashing LEDs on the TV indicate. This will provide you with a better diagnosis than just guessing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got the toshiba 52hm84, and i got the code for "lamp is not working properly" . like i said, im 99% sure its done for, im just not sure what its supposed to look like.

id think it would be black, visibly broken or at least hear pieces rattling around. none of which i have.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirvin /forum/post/12919411

...im 99% sure its done for, im just not sure what its supposed to look like.

id think it would be black, visibly broken or at least hear pieces rattling around. none of which i have.

I share your estimate of probability. They might show evidence of damage but not necessarily. They can simply wear out. Toshibas frequently get under 4000 hours.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any way i can check the bulb life? im assuming i'll have to do this with the new bulb since i cant see anything, lol.

is there a way to enter the service menu and reset it once i get a new bulb? 52hm84 model toshiba.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Find the relevant forum thread(s) and do some searches. Most model-specific threads get into this. There's usually a way.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts