AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Best Buy to look at TV's. I was looking for a name brand everyone knows but with the price difference the Insignia TV caught my eye. BB will give you a 2 year warranty on it for assurance instead of having to purchase a warranty if you get a Sharp, Samsung, etc. I like the price of the TV below at $599 but the lady that helped me showed me another one that I can't find a like to that was Insignia at 40" and it was 120Hz 1080p. Which one would you get?

I want this TV for a bedroom and I need some decent speakers that can be heard from 12-14' away. Thoughts on which TV is the better deal and the overall performance of the Insignia's?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218035841426

·
Registered
362 Posts
Insignia is a store brand, and the insides are subject to change almost at the will of the distributor. They may be fine, but if they break down I'd consider them disposable. If the 2 year warranty is for replacement you should be OK. For $599 you can get a Panasonic 42" plasma, I'd buy name brand long, long before I bought store brand. While I'm not fond of them , you can get a Vizio in that price range too if you must have LCD.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack8322 /forum/post/16990632

Insignia is a store brand, and the insides are subject to change almost at the will of the distributor. They may be fine, but if they break down I'd consider them disposable. If the 2 year warranty is for replacement you should be OK. For $599 you can get a Panasonic 42" plasma, I'd buy name brand long, long before I bought store brand. While I'm not fond of them , you can get a Vizio in that price range too if you must have LCD.

The reason I am liking this more than a Vizio is the 2 year warranty on parts and labor given to you by Best Buy. I was really thinking name brand before I went in but the price is just such a big difference. I still don't know what to do!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I work part time in home theater at BB and nobody that I work with would buy one. People who are looking only at price tend to zero in on them but if you want quality you should be willing to pay a little more for a name brand. Ignore the stats and really LOOK at the picture. Take a look at Toshiba,they make some high quality sets at very nice prices!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts