AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about "moving" 90 miles or so west, to a town where I would, among other advantages, be eligible for East and West Coast networks. Yet I would still commute into the big city, and, uh, receive my mail, for billing purposes, at my office in town. I would have a new and different phone number.

What documentation would D* need to make this move with me?

·
Registered
717 Posts
None . Just call and tell them your new service address will be what ever you want to receive the east and west distants. Also tell them your billing address will be the same as well as your phone number. Your done. They will send your bill to your real address.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Do you need to disconnect the phone line from the receiver? If the receiver calls in it would have the home phone number instead of the number of where you moved too.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never used pay-for-view, so none of my receivers is connected to a phone line. I think it looks like I am moving!

Is there a down side to this?

·
Registered
717 Posts
If you need to have a replacement receiver sent to you then you will have to specify that you want the box sent to your billing address. If you need any repairs to the dish lnb etc you will have to use a local retailer to do it instead of Directv. I "moved "several times with Dish over the last two years and have had only one problem. I didn't specify last month that I wanted my replacement lnb sent to my billing address and it went to my service address. Luckily it was my Aunt's real address and she sent it back to me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear the moving van pulling into my driveway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.