AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has any one replaced their receiver (with a new DTS-HD HDMI 1.4 compatible receiver) lately to make it work with a Panasonic AX100? I tried the Denon 1611 and have no video signal. Even the setup menu doesn't display on my projector screen! I did a lot of research and many people seem to think this is a HDMI handshake issue (since the Denon uses HDMI 1.4 and Panny 1.2). Does any one have any first-hand experience with HDMI 1.4 compatible receivers working with AX100? It doesn't have to be a Denon; I am just looking for a mid-range or economic receiver I can use with my AX100. Focus being ability of the receiver to decode DTS-HD.

Any help / pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bhushan

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
This would be much better in the projector forums.. At least there you could see what other owners may be using.

It is a combo I would of thought would work just like you did.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/20797814

This would be much better in the projector forums.. At least there you could see what other owners may be using.

It is a combo I would of thought would work just like you did.

Thanks, JohnNDenver. I have already posted the sam equery in Projector forums...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Could be a cable problem. Supposedly your projector accepts 1080p 60Hz, which can test the limits of cables. Make sure you're using high-speed HDMI cables.

You can also try and seeing if you can force your source and/or the receiver to use the native resolution of your projector, 720p.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ridge
Could be a cable problem. Supposedly your projector accepts 1080p 60Hz, which can test the limits of cables. Make sure you're using high-speed HDMI cables.

You can also try and seeing if you can force your source and/or the receiver to use the native resolution of your projector, 720p.
Thanks! I will try that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts