AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,


Has any one replaced their receiver (with a new DTS-HD HDMI 1.4 compatible receiver) lately to make it work with a Panasonic AX100? I tried the Denon 1611 and have no video signal. Even the setup menu doesn't display on my projector screen! I did a lot of research and many people seem to think this is a HDMI handshake issue (since the Denon uses HDMI 1.4 and Panny 1.2). Does any one have any first-hand experience with HDMI 1.4 compatible receivers working with AX100? It doesn't have to be a Denon; I am just looking for a mid-range or economic receiver I can use with my AX100. Focus being ability of the receiver to decode DTS-HD.


Any help / pointers would be greatly appreciated!



Thanks,


Bhushan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
Look throught the manual. HDMI is backwards compatible. You may have a setting such as dep color (i.e 10 or 12 bit video) set that the projector does not work with.


Or the cable could be to long for a good signal. If you have a very short say 3ft cable try that and then if that does not work read the manuals for both and make sure settings are set so you both the same.


I do not have your items, but these are basic steps that can make anybodies system not work properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,224 Posts
Rovingtraveler is correct that the HDMI 1.4 of the Denon is backwards compatible. And it's a very good idea to check the Denon's settings to make sure it isn't using something like deep color that the AX100 doesn't support. However, many early HDMI-equipped displays and sources had issues with repeater devices such as receivers, and that may be the case with your PJ. Have you searched here for a user's thread on the AX100? Any such thread may give you some answers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler /forum/post/20797411


Look throught the manual. HDMI is backwards compatible. You may have a setting such as dep color (i.e 10 or 12 bit video) set that the projector does not work with.


Or the cable could be to long for a good signal. If you have a very short say 3ft cable try that and then if that does not work read the manuals for both and make sure settings are set so you both the same.


I do not have your items, but these are basic steps that can make anybodies system not work properly.

Thanks a lot, Rovingtravler. I will check the settings. Cable is about 15-20'; but I am using it for last 3 years without any issues (when I connect DVD player / Blu Ray player to the PJ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce /forum/post/20797850


Rovingtraveler is correct that the HDMI 1.4 of the Denon is backwards compatible. And it's a very good idea to check the Denon's settings to make sure it isn't using something like deep color that the AX100 doesn't support. However, many early HDMI-equipped displays and sources had issues with repeater devices such as receivers, and that may be the case with your PJ. Have you searched here for a user's thread on the AX100? Any such thread may give you some answers.

Thanks a lot, Rolls-Royce. I will check the settings. I have already posted the same query on AX100 thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
Blakhe,


even though it worked priously, you want rule out the cable by trying another preferably 3 ft on. Error checking is basically done by eliminately anything that could be a factor.


good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakhe /forum/post/20797959


Thanks a lot, Rolls-Royce. I will check the settings. I have already posted the same query on AX100 thread.

Hmm. I just searched for AX100 threads, and the largest one has thousands of posts. The most recent post in that thread, on 06/18/11, was from someone having the same issue-with a different Denon receiver. Perhaps Denon's HDMI implementation isn't as robust as it should be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler
Blakhe,


even though it worked priously, you want rule out the cable by trying another preferably 3 ft on. Error checking is basically done by eliminately anything that could be a factor.


good luck.
Well, I went to Radio Shack and got a powered HDMI extender - didn't help much! I get the sound now; but still only flickers of picture :-( I will send this receiver back and probably try a Sony instead.....


Thanks a lot for your help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce
Hmm. I just searched for AX100 threads, and the largest one has thousands of posts. The most recent post in that thread, on 06/18/11, was from someone having the same issue-with a different Denon receiver. Perhaps Denon's HDMI implementation isn't as robust as it should be.
Thanks a lot for looking! Probably, I put the query in a wrong thread.... although, at this point, I will just send the receiver back and try a Sony!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top