AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the tigger on the Mitsubishi WD-62725 yesterday and I'm looking for a quality DVD player. I really won't use if for music so I'm looking for PQ. 90% of DVD's I watch are from Netflicks film material if it matters. I was looking at upconverting players that would output the mits 720p native display through HDMI but doing some research I've found that the HDMI input on the mits converts to analog then back to digital so an all digital path is not possible. So, is it worth it to continue to look at these uscaling players such as Denon 2910 and assume that it's scaler is better than the TV's or assume the TV's scaler is best and find a quality 480P player to feed it over component. IF so any suggestions. I'm currently using my PS2 as a dvd player so I definatly need a new one. My max is $750 MSRP.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Might want to take a look at the new panasonic models when they're finally released, they sound nice on paper. The Denon players are generally well liked.

I personally haven't seen much benefit of the upconverting players on an analog set. However they do work nicely on fixed pixel displays.

P.S. make sure you calibrate the set after it's delivered. Start by reducing the contrast right away. Take it down to 50% until you have time to use something like Video Essentials or AVIA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.