AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Panasonic RV80 and I won't give this up for any other interlaced player. I've decided to get an additional DVD player for features like VCD/SVCD and most importantly one that will play CDR's and CDRW's.

I was thinking on getting an APEX. Obviously I don't care about DVD playback. What's it like for VCD's/SVCD's?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
25 Posts
 VCDHelp has a table of all of the players and their capability to play VCD/SVCD/XVCD. Note that some of their content is offline at this moment, pending switching over to a new server.

Beeeil

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was looking there, as slow as it was, and I've decided to get the Pioneer DV-343. Seems to be the most recommended for SVCD.

Jeff

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am trying to find a DVD player that has:

1. progressive output

2. the ability to play miniDVD

3. the ability to play SVCD

4. the ability toplay raw mpeg2 file

I have checked vcdhelp but nothing came up. Does this type of player exist?

I will be burning a CD-R with mpeg2 720x480 @ 4 Mb/s CBR. The source will be line-doubled at capture.

Does having progressive output mean anything (since the source will be line doubled?)

The Sampo 620/631 CF can do everything I need but does not have progressive output, just component. I will of course be feeding this into a HDTV. Will it make such a difference if it is component instead of progressive?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.