AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Zenith 318 the only dvd player that can zoom or stretch the picture only on one axis or the other ... or are there any other dvd players that can do it as well?

I would really like to get a very good quality dvd player that I can use with my panamorph lens and Sanyo Z2 . I don't really want to build an HTPC if there are excellent dvd players that can stretch a 2.35 image vertically only.

Oh, and I want it to upconvert to 720p or 1080i and have a dvi output as well.

I don't ask for much.:D

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should I just get a scaler?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I can confirm that the 318 does stretch vertically. Check out this thread and this one since it has been discussed a bit already. I believe I have heard that the 318 crops the picture when connected to the Z2. You should look into that some more.

Check out the 318 FAQs thread and particularily post #20. It talks about the Z1, which may have the same issues as the Z2.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Trent.

Do you guys think that I should just get a 318 to stretch the picture, and run it thru my Yamaha Z9 for the excellent video processing it provides?

I think the Z9 uses the fl2310 farouja chip and the 318 uses the 2301 chip.

Plus the Z9 gives a lot of control over the picture as far as 3d, denoising, color, saturation and contrast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.