AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a $10 digital coupon from Best Buy that's burning a hole in my hard drive. I'd like to order a movie and pick it up this evening so that I have something new to watch on what promises to be a rainy weekend in D.C.

I prefer to buy movies from BB their first week out because they tend to be so much cheaper than they will be for the next 6 months. I'm leaning toward "From Hell" or "The Others" - does anybody have a recommendation as to which one I should buy or if there's another one that should be on my "buy" list tonight.

Thanks,

jbj

:D

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Get From Hell if you like the Dark "Tim Burton" kind of movies. I'm a Johnny Depp fan so I guess I'm biased. Unfortunately I haven't seen "The Others" yet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I dont know about Get from hell, but I got The Others and wish I saved the money. Actually, I got some stupid Martin Lawrence/Divito movie called What the Worst something and got some laughs, plus a nice transfer and its on sell at Circuit City for $7.99. Whate aDeal!!!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
From Hell = slasher with moody cinematography (I liked the look, not the substance, the DVD looks great and has nice special features).

The Others = scary, spooky movie, kind of a sad film. But very well done.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Why thank you Larry now I can unrap the disc, our moderator has good taste in the horror genre just like me. For I have Rose Red yet to see all 4 hours plus, jeesh I just got done watching that 4H + Storm of the Century from Stephen King.

O/T Whew 2 more discs came in the snail mail today "The Vikings" 1958 and "The Wild Angels" 1966 only the wrapper and security strips are still in place on Angels movie.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.