AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any electronics manufacturer adopted this. On the Blu ray of "The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part One" there is a DTS Headphone X track.
Did anyone hear anything at CES about the future of this system,most of the info I've found dates back to 2013. You would think it would be in a receiver or preamp by now. :confused:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Honestly, I dont see it as a issue! As if Im watching a movie on bluray, I surely dont have my headpgones on! More people like myself are more curious to find out about DTS:X, then a dedicated headphone format!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Has any electronics manufacturer adopted this. On the Blu ray of "The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part One" there is a DTS Headphone X track.
Did anyone hear anything at CES about the future of this system,most of the info I've found dates back to 2013. You would think it would be in a receiver or preamp by now. :confused:

One line of information this week: A March 10, 2015, ATSC Press Release (link) includes the following:

[ATSC 3.0 TV Audio System] Proposal Summary from DTS:
"DTS:X is the next-generation object-based codec technology from DTS. This release is the successor to DTS-HD and marks another milestone in DTS’s long line of industry-leading sound innovations. DTS:X delivers the ultimate in flexibility, immersion and interactivity to listeners of all forms of entertainment. The DTS:X solution for ATSC 3.0 is an end-to-end broadcast chain that includes support for key elements including both audio channels and objects, advanced loudness and dynamics management, device and environmental playback processing, and is integrated with DTS’s Headphone:X technology. DTS:X will be delivered with the industry support and certification that has made DTS the trusted partner for industry professionals all over the world. Manufacturers representing nearly 90 percent of the home AV receiver and surround processor market, as well as several integrated circuit providers, have agreed to launch products supporting DTS:X in 2015. DTS is also working with a wide range of infrastructure partners to ensure broadcasters have choices when building a complete system."

Subject to interpretation...?!

_

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I'd never even heard of DTS Headphone X until the other day when a co-worker who just bought the new Hunger Games asked me about it. He has a pretty cheap HTIB setup and lives in an apartment, so was quite interested in finding out more.

I did a quick Google and found out what it was supposed to do...I told him to go find out more for himself. :)

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Headphone:X was part of the CES 2015 DTS:X demo. Still impressive. No details were given as to when one could expect serious availability.

Jeff
Thank you Jeff, sounds like it may still be viable. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts