AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ever happened to my pals Vern Dias, Tim, Matt, Bjorn Roy and Mike from Canada? Haven't seen them posting for a long while. Hope they are in good health and haven't bailed out AVS like other good guys have... :(

-THTS

·
Registered
912 Posts
If Mike is the same "Technut Canada" Mike, then he's around, I just saw a posting from him yesterday in I think it was the PJ < $3500 forum. He's in that forum primarily - gotta stay on top of the latest X1 info, I would guess!:D

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Brown Radagast
If Mike is the same "Technut Canada" Mike, then he's around, I just saw a posting from him yesterday in I think it was the PJ
The "Mike" from Canada (sorry pal; can't seem to remember your last name :eek: ) am speaking of has a $35000+ video projector (G-90) and he's a movie reviewer, so I hardly believe he would spend much time in that Forum. Thanks for the info, though...

-THTS

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Vern's been posting on TheaterTek's site

·
Banned
45 Posts
In that they are still around your lucky my friend from childhood died last month, he still had a14 year old daughter. I will miss him for we went riding on our MC, we both had 12 foot speedboats, and we both liked fast chevy's and goats.:(

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend, canue. When people close to me die I never really get over it. Death is a problem with no solution.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by canue
In that they are still around your lucky my friend from childhood died last month, he still had a14 year old daughter. I will miss him for we went riding on our MC, we both had 12 foot speedboats, and we both liked fast chevy's and goats.:(
I'm partial to chevys and fast goats, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
People of California! The moment will soon be here when you will ALL be sorry for what you have done to me! Your time of reckoning is growing near. Your cities will lie in ruins, your women will be ravished. Your men will cry bitter tears. You will ALL feel my wrath.

Yeah, that's right, baby ... It's Gray Day!

Maybe an ellaboration is in order.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Davis
I hope that is a GTO yer referrin to and not some trashy baaaaaaaah.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
OMG, Larry is an AVS Moderator. manolive, manpig is a dumbpork.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
I like Feta cheese made out of goat's milk...but fast goats? :eek: Yikes!

Didn't mentioned you Larry 'cuz I know you still around. Is just that since I've been kind of ill and haven't posted much lately I do seem to lose touch with old friends...

By the way...many thanks to all who bothered to give me information as to the whereabouts of some of the guys I mentioned earlier.

Larry, I hope all is well with you, my friend! Hang in there... :)

-THTS

PS. I find it very funny that this thread has garnered me more hits than my "review" of the "King of Kings" DVD, one that I posted recently and one which is one of my best works to date; it only got 264 hits (at HTF is already over 800 hits...and the movie was reviewed by someone else already!). Oh, well...what can I say but...

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Sometimes putting the date of the film in the title can help an old movie review get hits

"King Of Kings (1961) DVD issue review- Fantastic!"

Or something like that. That way people know why they may not of heard of it :D

I find it interesting that the European-minded people of the Mid-East back then wanted so badly to have a "King", just like "real" countries in Europe had. Framing the

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
Yea Frank, Mike M has been scarce. He was a gracious host to Angela and I in his Toronto home where I saw my first G90 setup. Vern is still active and I think he is now a Qualia owner( he still lets us know about the film from which our HD and DVD came). I haven't heard from Bjoern Roy in a long time either and I've noticed his videophile site doesn't get updated anymore . These guys added a lot on this forum.

Art

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Hey Frank,

I hope you are doing better. I am ok. I liked Bjoern Roy and I learned a lot from his posts. I don't know what happened to him or the other folks, but they have not been banned as far as I know. I certainly didn't ban them. I know that FregprogGH (sp?) has not been banned. Some people go away for a while, then return.

Goat cheese is good. The stinkier, the better, that's my motto. ;) Take care, everyone...

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
Yea Frank, Mike M has been scarce. He was a gracious host to Angela and I in his Toronto home where I saw my first G90 setup. Vern is still active and I think he is now a Qualia owner( he still lets us know about the film from which our HD and DVD came). I haven't heard from Bjoern Roy in a long time either and I've noticed his videophile site doesn't get updated anymore . These guys added a lot on this forum.

Art
Hi, Art!

So you actually visited Mike's place? How cool is that! :)

I enjoyed his debates and good advice, so am missing him for that.

I knew that Vern was getting the Sony Qualia--lucky dude! It must be that good if Vern decided to go with a fixed pixel display.

I have the feeling that Bjorn finally gave up when he too realized that the nemesis of standard resolution (and HD in several instances already! :mad: ) video is our old enemy, edge enhancement (EE), for so long as it is present in our source material we'll never attain the highly coveted goal of looking film-like no matter what other good assets video sources may have otherwise, or the quality of the reproducing equipment.

Oh, well...better hear from him if that's the case.

Indeed Mike, Vern, Bjorn, and other such individuals added tremendously to the Forum...and in real gentleman, civilized, educational manner at that...

Cheers!

-THTS

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Hey Frank,

I hope you are doing better. I am ok. I liked Bjoern Roy and I learned a lot from his posts. I don't know what happened to him or the other folks, but they have not been banned as far as I know. I certainly didn't ban them. I know that FregprogGH (sp?) has not been banned. Some people go away for a while, then return.

Goat cheese is good. The stinkier, the better, that's my motto. ;) Take care, everyone...
Larry,

Am feeling so good that I've to go back to work now! :(

My friend, am just curious about what happened to those guys and in no way did I implied being banned from AVS. And yes, you're right...some folks do go away for while then return.

By the way...I really like your motto!... :p

-THTS

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnR_IN_LA
Sometimes putting the date of the film in the title can help an old movie review get hits

"King Of Kings (1961) DVD issue review- Fantastic!"

Or something like that. That way people know why they may not of heard of it :D
Umm...I believe the tittle of the thread where I posted my "review" says "King of Kings (1961) DVD Review" or something like that.

Did so to alert the reader it wasn't Cecil B. DeMille's earlier version instead. ;)

I ain't complaining, mind you...but find it awfully funny that most folks are more interested in flicks like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Freddy, Mike Myres, etc., than great historical film epics from a more civilized era...

-THTS

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Bjoern Roy posted a couple of weeks ago in one of the Star Wars threads. Apparently his home theater is in the rebuilding phase right now, and real life has been keeping him busy. He was going to provide a comparison of the NTSC and PAL SW discs, but since then no one's really heard from him I guess.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...readid=448897&

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.