AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does b stock mean that something is refurbished? Or does it mean that the item is being replaced with a newer model? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
All of the above and more. B-stock could be returned & refurbished product, it could be discontinued product being blown out, or it could be brand new current product that is simply being blown out due to inventory overstock. Typically it is offered by the mfg as functionally & sonically perfect, and warrantied for operation - but it might have restrictions on the trial return policies. If it's from the better mfgs, it's a good way to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
According to Ascend Acoustic, where I orderd by B-Stock CBM 170's, b-stock simply is just a defect in the cabinet, aka a slight scratch in the paint, a bubble on the covering, etc... Something that they can't honestly sell as "a perfect speaker/sub" because of such a slight defect. And honestly, I had to look twice to find out why my speakers were labelled b-stock. Turns out there was a slight bubble about 1/4" long and next to the edge on the back of the speaker, so it wouldn't even be showing anyway.

But what you're probably worried about, is fine. They're sonically the same as regular stock (at least from Ascend).

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Right, it could also be a new product witha cabinet defect like a scratch. SVS often puts their scratched subs up as BStock.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
SVS also puts up perfect subs that are overstock - and they now list the condition on their website, which is very cool:
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/bstock.htm

Note that they have several that are described as:

"NEW UNIT: sold as b-stock for inventory reduction"

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
B-stock could also be a perfect unit that someone returned for reasons unknown. Because the unit has been opened and unpacked and fingerprinted, they can't put it back in A-stock.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked that SVSsubwoofer site quite a few times and it seems that their b stock is mainly PB12 subs. I have never seen a PB10 on there, is this common or does the PB10 ever surface as b stock?

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I've seen a few on there, yes.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
You might try calling SVS - there might some that come in that never make it to the web site because they also get phone requests.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes they do show up once in a while,

I got one today!

Looking forward to receiving it!!!!!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Figures - I checked SVS b-stock every day for over 2 months with no luck. I finally gave-up lst week and got a new PB10. A few days later a b-stock PB10 appears... :rolleyes: Oh well - enjoy your sub! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.