AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Processing is by the graphic engine in inverse telecine, MCFI, color space conversion, chroma sampling, scaling, etc

PQ is more than processing. It combines others like the quality of the panel eg response rate, black levels etc, reflection, calibration to REC709, free from artifacts and so on

·
Registered
638 Posts
Better picture is subjective (and after some later firmware updates, some think the Samsung offers the better picture). Processing is less important on Blue Ray disks (what most reviewers judge image quality on) than it is on lower resolution sources.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think "processing" is more relating to the graphic part (GPU) of the TV. the panel is the last thing that reaches the viewer(so I think the panel's quality has the most influence), but the processor sends the signal to the panel. It's like the AMP vs. Speakers....some upgrade the amp, some upgrade the speakers to get the best sound....am I making sense?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Both will scale but not both will do it as well. There is algo difference and there is also the color interpolation to consider. As nhheip say, like sound system u need to identify which part of the chain is weakest link. It could jolly well be the source

I've not compared before but some say panny scaling is not as good as Sammy but hopefully better in 2011 with kuro engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts