AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of converting all of the music on my iPod to a format that will work on my PS3. From what I can tell, .m4a does not work on the PS3. So I'm converting them to MP3s using "Easy CD-DA Extractor," and was wondering what kbps level you would suggest for balancing high quality with reasonable file size.

I do have a 120 gb HDD in my PS3, but don't want to fill it up with all of my music. Based on the transfers I've done already, it looks like if I use 320 kbps to go from m4a to mp3, the size of the file is about 2.5x larger. I have about 8gb (.m4a format) of music I'd like to transfer.

Any help would be appreciated!

· Registered
810 Posts
actually, are you sure it doesnt work? As long as it is not copy protected, PS3 will read mp4, they support same standards as Apple and apple is part of BD coalition...

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I believe I can actually transfer songs directly from my iPod, but when I have done so it doesn't carry any of the song/artist info with it. I'm not interested in renaming all of the songs.

When I tried transfering m4a files from my PC to PS3 using Red Kawa, it wouldn't let me.

Thanks for the kbps recommendation!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.