AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since vista does not natively support Blu-Ray, I am wondering what front end everyone uses to launch their blu-ray movies. I want to integrate my Blu-Ray rips with my DVD rips, so from the front end I can seemlessly browse through all my movies. I currently uses Sam's Video Browser, detailed here:
http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/219061.aspx

I love this interface for DVD's, but it won't mount an ISO or read a Blu-Ray folder to call up TMT or PVD. I know My Movies can mount and call PVD, but I HATE the interface. Hopefully V3 will be out soon and will make it better, but until then, I don't want to use it.

Any other suggestions? I don't want to have to manually navigate to each movies folder with a mouse and I would prefer to not have to launch several programs.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake /forum/post/14167021

MyMovies

I was afraid that was going to be the only answer. I honestly can't see how people can deal with that god awful HTML interface. It is beyond ugly, and takes forever to load.

I really hope V3 makes it a better product

·
Registered
268 Posts
Xlobby for sure can, most likely meedio(s) and mediaportal can as well. Just how much are you willing to learn? As each one of those will have a learning curve unique to its own.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Media Portal is quite simple. Install MP, install PDVD. Go to options (In MP) and click on movies->external player, and set it up for PDVD.

Media Portal has a great default interface and LOADS of amazingly good looking downloadable skins.

Media Portal has a great online community (Forums) and is extremely customizable, works with XP and Vista, is free, and easy to learn.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hoping for a simple VMC plug-in, but I am not against using a 3rd party ap. I have used X-Lobby briefly in the past. Is there anywhere I can still get the free version?

·
Registered
882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/14171667

Is there anywhere I can still get the free version?
http://xlobby.help.googlepages.com/home

It's what I use. I haven't moved to blu-ray yet, but when I do, I'll still use xlobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/14171373

I honestly can't see how people can deal with that god awful HTML interface. It is beyond ugly, and takes forever to load.

That's exactly why I don't use MyMovies anymore and switched to xlobby. MyMovies is slow and ugly. I'm surprised it's so popular around here.

edit: There are lot's of front-ends that should satisfy you. Media portal and Meedios are very nice products. Only reason I stick with xlobby is because it's the only front-end I've used where I could figure out how to make the exact interface I wanted.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I dont understand why MCE, and VMC isnt capable. All Microsoft has to do is come out with an update right?? I think they need to jump on the Bluray band wagon and get with the program. HDDVD died (I was a supporter) get over it.

Is there a way to use Girder to manipulate the remote to launch PowerDVD in VMC, and MCE??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts