AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several people have mentioned wanting to see SSX on the current hardware. I would also like to see a new Splashdown type of game.

I just ordered Splashdown Rides Gone Wild (PS2) on ebay for $1.50!
I loved the first one and the reviews say this one was even better. This gen really needs a new type of water racing game with all the improvements that have been made in regards to water physics and graphics.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Commander Keen.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Zone of the Enders (Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner is one of my favorite PS2 games)

Rygar

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Ahhh...Commander Keen.

I was thinking about that this weekend driving home.

That was awesome.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
How about SOCOM?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
War of The Monsters. Massive fully destructible cities in HD with online battles, it would be glorious.

Edit:

And also a real Warhawk sequel. Not that the multi-player isn't awesome.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Breath of Fire series!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Contra

·
Registered
545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 /forum/post/14236248

I know several people have mentioned wanting to see SSX on the current hardware. I would also like to see a new Splashdown type of game.

I just ordered Splashdown Rides Gone Wild (PS2) on ebay for $1.50!
I loved the first one and the reviews say this one was even better. This gen really needs a new type of water racing game with all the improvements that have been made in regards to water physics and graphics.

SPLASHDOWN!!! Brilliant suggestion! I agree. I dont think theres anything out there like it right now, right? Does Fatal Inertia count? I feel like there may be cool water effects in that game... or not.

And Zone of the Enders is another great suggestions. Ripe for remake potential as well.

I really, REALLY, REEEALLY want some kind of Ico\\Shadows of the Collosus game to be made on the PS3. These were by far some of the most memorable experiences on the PS2 for me. Of course, they would need the same development team and Im not sure if they even exist as a fully functioning unit anymore.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Parasite Eve?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant Nexus6 /forum/post/14236542

I really, REALLY, REEEALLY want some kind of Ico\\Shadows of the Collosus game to be made on the PS3. These were by far some of the most memorable experiences on the PS2 for me. Of course, they would need the same development team and Im not sure if they even exist as a fully functioning unit anymore.

Oh, it's coming.

There was some discussion about it here towards the end of the thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=943941

If we're extremely lucky it might be teased at E3, but we probably won't see anything much until the Tokyo Game Show.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant Nexus6 /forum/post/14236542

SPLASHDOWN!!! Brilliant suggestion! I agree. I dont think theres anything out there like it right now, right? Does Fatal Inertia count? I feel like there may be cool water effects in that game... or not.

That's the Wipeout rip off right? That wouldn't count because you're not actually on the water. I'm talking jet skis! ON the water!

The short jet ski part of Uncharted was such a tease.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would second Parasite Eve.

Also a next gen "Tecmo's Deception" would be great. There was something weirdly satisfying about setting up elaborate traps that would end up tossing a helpless villager all over the room. Imagine an online "deathmatch" vs another player!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ff7, Ff9

1 - 20 of 115 Posts