AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed I haven't seen any threads about the Cineversum or Transvision2 in a while. I wonder if the delays are causing missed sales for these two companies.

The new Runco CL-700 (which I was told was 30 - 90 days out by Runco today) sure could hurt the DWIN if it really comes out at $10K (the Runco guy in sales guessed that'd be the price range).

-phil

·
Registered
511 Posts
There was a one page review on the Cineversum in the UK's Home Cinema Choice (June issue). Yours for the princely sum of $19,000. No real objective opinions were provided. It said that the Sim HT300 and Sharp 9000 share the same chip. Initial impressions were positive with the pj showing a "beautiful filmic 16:9 image from all sources". CR was reported to be 1,100:1and light output around 800 ANSI lumens, but I'm not sure if these were measured. Its all metal case acts as a heat sink!! A more detailed review will appear in next months issue.

On a personal note, I really like the reviews I read in this magazine. It spares no punches and they call it the way they see it. Whilst I take some reviews in other magazines with a big pinch of salt (especially when the manufacturer has a full-page ad for the equipment in the same issue), I find the reviewers in HCC are a bit more objective.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Don't know about anyone else but i've got cash and i'm getting tired of waiting for the Dwin...i might just wait a little while longer for the next round of HD2 pj's to come out with the increased contrast and one with lumens around those of the new TV2

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm about where you are.... dedicated home theater project has been complete since mid-March. Made the decision to wait for the Dwin but the waiting seems to be endless.

From some of the veterans around here, it sounds as if this is typical for Dwin (or even the industry) ... 3-4 months beyond initial expected delivery dates doesn't seem to be too unusual for these guys.

Quote:
Originally posted by dreamstate
Don't know about anyone else but i've got cash and i'm getting tired of waiting for the Dwin...i might just wait a little while longer for the next round on HD2 pj's to come out with the increased contrast and one with lumens around those of the new TV2

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
The Barco is still be held up by software problems with the release date constantly slipping back.

Spero D.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Barco will be showing the Cineversum stuff at CEDIA uk next week. I'l be there and I'll let you know my thoughts once I've viewed....

Gordon

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
The CE industry has a long and glorious history of NEVER shipping things early, hardly ever on time, and almost always late. That's why I made the leap and bought the Marantz. Am happy as a clam.

TM

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi Lewis,

I have to completely disagree with you on the wretched Home Cinema Choice. It uses no system of comparisons or any kind of reference bench mark at all as far as I can tell and therefore the opinions tend to be just that, opinions by one journalist of another. They do not even have the depth of SGHT which also has its problems but is still less superficial that Home Cinema Choice. Many of us in the UK occassionally bemoan the fact that we do not have a serious high end magazine for home theatre.

Regards,

Paul H

·
Registered
536 Posts
Dreamstate and Steiny, add me to the ranks of the frustrated TV2'ers ready to jump to another projector. I am at the point where if it is not reality soon, another maufacturer (Seleco? Marantz? ...) will get my business.

Perhaps we'd all feel better if somebody from Dwin would come on this site and (as a Special Guest?) and spill the beans on the unit and when those of in line to get one will actually have that oopportunity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.