AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
They were purchased by another company. I wish I could remember by whom. The new company posted some remarks in the audio forums here.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by C Clark
They were purchased by another company. I wish I could remember by whom. The new company posted some remarks in the audio forums here.
Seems Jade Labs, Inc. was in negotiations to purchase most of Cinepro's assets but that deal never materialized:
Quote:
Dear AVS members and Cinepro customers,

I wanted to formally notify all concerned parties that Jade Labs Inc. has been unable to reach a final purchase agreement with the estate of Eric Abraham for the assets of Cinepro.

We have been negoting for some time but have been unable to reach an agreement that was acceptable to all parties involved. We at Jade are disappointed with this turn of events, but we are hopeful that Eric's legacy will contiunure in the hands of another party.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Please say a prayer for our friend Eric and his family, we miss you Eric.

Sincerely,

Dan Laufman

Jade Labs Inc.
Original thread: Cinepro possibly out of business?

The Cinepro trail gets kind of cold after this and I was unable locate any more current information.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It appears Eric Abraham died about this time last year, and by midyear his wife had decided to close the company. Employees reported they went for some weeks without pay.

The Jade Labs offer came in Oct-Nov 02, and as noted, the deal went cold. I cant even find Jade Labs online. But I dont own Cinepro, so I really have no more interest...

·
Registered
738 Posts
My understanding is that they are back in negotiations. but still trying to sort things out. also there is another large company which i am not in liberty to discuss because there in the mix as well and looks like they're probably going to be the folks buying the Cinepro product line.

The plant in Boston has lots of the amps sitting there but all in parts with no one to put them together.

The company in the process of finalizing the deal is a mayor player and has there own line of amps , so it will be interesting to see what happens to the brand name. Something should be known by end of may this year, hopefully.

Carlos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.