AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Showstopper set up to record CSI and ER Thursday night. Only CSI recorded. Then I noticed that ER was supposed to start at 9:59. 1 minute before CSI ended. Will that keep it from recording? If so, how can I get them both to record next week.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Been discussed here several times since the new sched came out.... you either need two machines or need to do a manual record that will skip the one minute of one of the shows.

Because it was a conflict (overlap), it didn't do ER. The real answer is 'negative padding', which doesn't exist at this time.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Or boycott ER since NBC is not playing by the rules...

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Rules?! They don't need no stinkin' rules...

I'll ask again, since no one has answered. Who says they are 'supposed' to do :00 and :30 time slots? It's a habit, not a requirement, and if I had a bunch of potatoes for an audience, I might try to see if they are so lazy that a one minute run over/early start would keep them onboard and increase ratings. :)

Bottom line: you want the nets to make it easy for you to watch another net's show? :D

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Replay's non-existent conflict resolution. If it ain't there when you set it up it ain't a conflict.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
The rules are defined by what I use to record shows. This is all I care about and therefore how I define TV...

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
People at Yahoo are doing a 'send me this when IVS is back' but that depends on who has what, of course. It may take a while to catch up next week...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ER has been starting at 9:59 for as long as I can remember. The only thing that's chanced recently is that the guide acknowledges this, so you don't miss the first minute of the show if you don't pad.

But you *do* miss the whole show if you try to record something else from 9-10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.