AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I purchased my 46" XBR4 in March of '08 from BuyDig.com and up til now it's been a great TV. Recently I have noticed a fluttering or flickering more towards the right side of the screen and 3 prominent horizontal lines that break up the right side of the screen into about 5 horizontal bars or areas. I have taken some pics but do not know how to upload them (Photobucket?). I called Sony earlier today and the lady I spoke with said there is an extended/limited warranty for the display and she gave me a number to call a local repair center here in Kansas City. The lady at the repair center said that Sony may balk at the fact it was not purchased at an authorized dealer (we'll find out more on that after I fax my invoice to her tomorrow). I have read about similar problems that involve fixes ranging from cleaning the contacts of some ribbon cables to replacing the entire display. Can anyone share some advice or a similar experience and how it was remedied? Thanks a bunch for any help.

Jon

·
Registered
316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJon /forum/post/18272511

Hi,

I purchased my 46" XBR4 in March of '08 from BuyDig.com and up til now it's been a great TV. Recently I have noticed a fluttering or flickering more towards the right side of the screen and 3 prominent horizontal lines that break up the right side of the screen into about 5 horizontal bars or areas. I have taken some pics but do not know how to upload them (Photobucket?). I called Sony earlier today and the lady I spoke with said there is an extended/limited warranty for the display and she gave me a number to call a local repair center here in Kansas City. The lady at the repair center said that Sony may balk at the fact it was not purchased at an authorized dealer (we'll find out more on that after I fax my invoice to her tomorrow). I have read about similar problems that involve fixes ranging from cleaning the contacts of some ribbon cables to replacing the entire display. Can anyone share some advice or a similar experience and how it was remedied? Thanks a bunch for any help.

Jon

I have replaced several panels (LCD screens) in these models. Sony is aware of the panel problem and has extended the warranty on the panels until 10/31/2012. You should be able to have it replaced for free. Do you live closer to Springfield or KC?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EG3,

Thanks for the good news. Now, hopefully Sony will take care of me even though I bought it a t BuyDig.com. I live in Kansas City, MO (close to Liberty). Thanks.

Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts