AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this model, and noticed today it's no longer on Samsung's web site, but the HL-P4674 is..... What gives? The 5677 is still listed...... Anyone know the story here??? I love the tv so far(had it two weeks), but I'm a bit concerned now, as it's a "new" HLR model.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLP Man
I just purchased this model, and noticed today it's no longer on Samsung's web site, but the HL-P4674 is..... What gives? The 5677 is still listed...... Anyone know the story here??? I love the tv so far(had it two weeks), but I'm a bit concerned now, as it's a "new" HLR model.
It's been discontinued. DLPs under 50" haven't been selling very much and Samsung decided to cut it's losses with this model. It will be rare, if they exist at all, to see DLPs under 50" next year. Probably not many at 50" even. LCD RPTV and Plasma seem to have cornered the 40" to 50" market. They may get more competition from direct view LCD sets in the coming year, but DLP is heading for larger sets and phasing out smaller models. The bigger screens are where they're able to better compete. especially with the newer 1080P sets now emerging.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was under the impression that tv's this size would have a strong niche for lots of people like myself that have space limitations???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.