AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/18279437

what happened to the battlefield bad company 2 demo on xbox live? I have it on one box and now it is not in the demo section. When I try to add it to my 2nd xbox download que, it says offer no longer valid. Anyone know what is going on?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...0-0000454188ab

They took it down now that the game has been released.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yup, demo was turned off on the 25th of February.

Buy the game!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/18280338

I wanted to try it with my friend to see if we like it. That generally is the purpose of a demo.

Thats why it was out for a month prior

·
Registered
4,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/18280338

I wanted to try it with my friend to see if we like it. That generally is the purpose of a demo.

It was a beta. It ended. You can rent the game.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hope this doesnt become a trend. I played both the beta and demo and tried to get some friends to play. Got a few friends online to play about 2 games but the others were too late so it looks like our purchase might be iffy. I only play certain games with certain guys on my friendslist and if we all don't roll with it then whats the use.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
MP beta's tend to end before the game is released. It's BEEN a trend. Halo 3 beta, CoD4 beta, CoD:WaW beta are some popular ones that I can quickly recall that have acted in a similar fashion.

There are still many SP game demos that you can find on live. They don't go anywhere.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR1 /forum/post/18288388

MP beta's tend to end before the game is released. It's BEEN a trend. Halo 3 beta, CoD4 beta, CoD:WaW beta are some popular ones that I can quickly recall that have acted in a similar fashion.

There are still many SP game demos that you can find on live. They don't go anywhere.

Yeah MP Betas usually end well before a game is released but the few MP demos that have come out usually stay up past release for some random period of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts