AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a false alarm, but after all of the delays in shipping, I'm a bit surprised to find that the Maelstrom-X is no longer listed at the DIYCable site... http://www.diycable.com/main/default...Path=24_93_150

They changed around some things on their site and I can't seem to find the Maelstrom anymore. Again, this might be premature, but it seems a bit odd.

They've got the Tempest-X listed as available on 2/18, but no mention of the Maelstrom-X. I tried searching their site and found no results...

Jason

edit: I spoke with Kevin and he pulled the Mael-X from the site to stem the tide of incoming orders. False alarm...

·
Registered
3,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonColeman /forum/post/15495219

This may be a false alarm, but after all of the delays in shipping, I'm a bit surprised to find that the Maelstrom-X is no longer listed at the DIYCable site... http://www.diycable.com/main/default...Path=24_93_150

They changed around some things on their site and I can't seem to find the Maelstrom anymore. Again, this might be premature, but it seems a bit odd.

They've got the Tempest-X listed as available on 2/18, but no mention of the Maelstrom-X. I tried searching their site and found no results...

Jason

Call DIY Cable and ask,maybe Kevin will read this post and give an answer here?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I'm sure Kevin has just been overwhelmed with question and orders of the Mal-X.

He is likely just reducing the amount of drama of questions and further orders until he gets caught up....

From over at the shack

Quote:
I know there are a lot of people in rush to get a Maelstrom. Right now all I can say is that it is going to take some time for me to work through all the orders. If you have some sort of timeframe or you are in a hurry, do not buy a driver. If you are in a rush, this is the wrong product to be buying for your project.

Also... I've had at least three hundred emails in the last four days that in some way deal with Maelstrom questions. I'd love to take the time to work with everyone but I'm one guy. There is no possible way I can spend my entire day on Maelstrom questions, build drivers, and take care of the rest of my business.

So for now, I'm just asking people to set their expectations appropriately. Don't expect to get a driver overnight and if you do want in the que, please be prepared to wait your turn. The more emails you send me asking for a shipping date the longer it takes for me to actually ship them. Also, any date I give you is just speculation because it doesn't take me long to get behind schedule. I'm not a production line and I have to balance my time building woofers with the rest of my business.

Best,

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Audio

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/15495511

I'm sure Kevin has just been overwhelmed with question and orders of the Mal-X.

He is likely just reducing the amount of drama of questions and further orders until he gets caught up....

I can certainly understand that and sympathize with his situation, but removing it completely from the site (no mention at all) would seem to create drama instead of ease it.

So your is expected to land tomorrow?

Jason

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonColeman /forum/post/15495597

I can certainly understand that and sympathize with his situation, but removing it completely from the site (no mention at all) would seem to create drama instead of ease it.

So your is expected to land tomorrow?

Jason

I agree. He should list it and say that it is on back order due to large back log of orders.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Today !!! The first 2 will either be here in an hour or at 2pm....

It may be that he can't just remove the Buy button from the info Mal-X screen, so in order to not take any more orders he just took it down for now altogether.

Keep in mind, he already stated that he has enough shipment coming to hold over the orders for the rest of the year... Just be patient buddy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/15495670

I agree. He should list it and say that it is on back order due to large back log of orders.

It seems he already tried that, but people were still buying it. When I talked to him, right before I got my shipping notice, I asked f it would be ok to add another and he said go to the site and buy one...

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
I'm thinking what Warp suggests? Mine are due to land today because shipping is so close. I know the interest in these drivers has been pretty intense though! Thinking about the few things we have sold on-line, could you imagine all the mails!
I bet he could use a full time assistant just to handle the mail, at the present time anyway.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
This is exactly why I chose not to use the M-X in any recent sub builds.

Adire, TC Sounds, Acoupower, and now the M-X. They hit the forums touting the virtues of their products, generate interest, then dump the "You guys are too small a market to warrant service for your money, I'm only one guy, there are too many orders, there were not enough orders...etc." sort-of crapola.

If and when they're in stock and ready to ship by a company that has a shipping department and a tech support department, somebody let me know.

Otherwise, pfft. It's just another (untested) driver that isn't available until...maybe never.

Bosso

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:

Adire, TC Sounds, Acoupower, and now the M-X. They hit the forums touting the virtues of their products, generate interest, then dump the "You guys are too small a market to warrant service for your money, I'm only one guy, there are too many orders, there were not enough orders...etc." sort-of crapola.

If and when they're in stock and ready to ship by a company that has a shipping department and a tech support department, somebody let me know.

Otherwise, pfft. It's just another (untested) driver that isn't available until...maybe never.

Bosso

You make a very good point Bosso.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
The Tempest-X was removed completely for awhile, so I'm guessing it's a similar situation for the Mal-X. Does the current Tempest-X page have the new T/S parameters, or does it list the old ones?

·
Registered
502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossobass /forum/post/15495794

Bosso

i think being on the "margin", as it were, and willing to pay the piper for high Vd drivers puts many of us here at "odds" with the powers that be...i guess for as long as they may happen to BE...

I have to say that i'm particularly disappointed with TC Sounds, who've made the LMS so cost prohibitive as to be utterly useless, not to mention their second tier drivers, which have also become simply outrageous as far as pricing goes.

Sadly, this seems to be our own anguished, personal, singular, and continual cautionary tale.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
They say the two toughest cases for any business is too few orders or too many.

Both can really strain any company. Making things even tougher is the fact that despite those flat lines often posted on demand curves, reality is that there are tipping points related to both price and word of mouth/forum which make that curve exponential in nature, and much trickier to plan by, especially without credit in abundance.

Of course enough such cases helps "test the bottom" of low cost vs. total value offered, which tends to bring things closer to a more stable, and happy medium. Hopefully Kevin will be able to settle in on a better balance in the coming months.

·
Registered
525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossobass /forum/post/15495794

Bosso

Hmm..I can definitely see this attitude if you were buying in volume and wanted a consistent supplier. But for DIY? The whole point of DIY seems to be enthusiasts pushing the limits of the hobby. many are willing to deal with the quirks with the companies involved because of the higher performance levels, or Bang for the buck factor of the products.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
All I can really say is that I understand all points. I know how exasperating things can be. I admittedly had a certain amount of frustration myself, but time payed off. It's my sincere hope that Kevin gets caught up and gets everything in order to handle any future business that comes his way. Order, pay and ship is always the best and most pleasant experience, not forgetting receiving a stellar product for your $$. I know that's his stated goal in the next few months, so here is hoping he can do it. If I'm not mistaken, I think he spoke of the house building some drivers to get things caught up?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think Warp ordered his Mal-X back on Oct. 18th and just received his. I ordered mine on Oct. 30th and have yet to receive an email telling me its been shipped. So to me it sounds like orders done later in the year may take quite a while. I'm not in too big of a rush so I'll just wait and try to be patient. I'm just glad I got mine back when the ebay cashback was in effect, I got $90 off my order.

I didn't realize he was doing this all by himself. I hope he doesn't become too overwhelmed and maybe finds some help.

Not sure if many would care, but I'll try to post an update whenever I receive a shipped notification. That way people can kinda see about what time frame he is working on getting out.

Nate

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

Quote:
I'm not a production line and I have to balance my time building woofers with the rest of my business.

Best,

Kevin Haskins

Exodus Audio

That sounds like he's assembling them himself. I thought he was having them built by Eminence.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:

Bosso

+1

As always Bosso points out the obvious!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
They say the two toughest cases for any business is too few orders or too many.

Mark, I hope your business is doing well in this economy!!! We need people like you to stick around helping us NOOBS and also continuing to build incredible custom products

1 - 20 of 93 Posts