AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting reception at 98 but no picture. Tried manually going to 19 but it immediately re-maps to 9 still black screen. Anyone else see this?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I've had 0 signal strength all day. I'm sure they are working on it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here. At first good signal srength but no picture. Then no signal at all. I wonder what's happening.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yawn. So what?

It's not like we're missing all that great HD programming they offer :rolleyes:

They can stay off the air for all I care.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I also noticed that I was recieving a signal, but no picture. Then at about 7pm, I have been getting nothing, signal strength of 0. I sure hope they get this back up b/c I like to have digital stations over fuzzy analog. And HDTV_Moron, some people actually do care about digital TV because without that, no HDTV will ever come. WGN will carry those WB shows in HD in the fall.

·
Registered
577 Posts
...just to throw my hat into the ring, I received no signal at all on WGN yesterday either. The day before yesterday, all was well.

Schaumburg, IL

·
Registered
729 Posts
They turn off their digital transmitter every night at 10pm -- perhaps they turned it off for the holiday weekend?

I have to assume that the reason for turning it off is to save electricity. Perhaps we should call or write and register our objections?

I would have liked to watch Cubs/Pirates at 6pm on WGN-DT tonight...

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
It was not a planned event. DAMHIKT.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
what concerns me is that I was recieving a signal, but it was only a black screen. That just seems too weird...I can understand the dead signal right now, but sending a blank signal when programming is occuring on analog is puzzling. I don't think they simply turned off the antenna b/c of the fact they were broadcasting, but there was nothing to see in the broadcast.

·
Premium Member
11,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hdtv_moron
Yawn. So what?

It's not like we're missing all that great HD programming they offer :rolleyes:

They can stay off the air for all I care.
So what? I enjoy watching the Sox game via the digital broadcast over the poor analog picture. There is a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
680 Posts
WGN-DT is completely dead here too, since Sat morning.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
WGN-DT just magically came back on the air yesterday! Anyone have any clue as to why they were gone or what any possible problems were?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I wonder how this fits in with FCC regulations. If major markets are to do digital broadcasts, and WGN does it only during the day, are they only in half compliance? Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I think the FCC regulations are simply for stations to broadcast a digital signal. I dont think there are any specific timing mandates. It is assumed that eventually stations will switch over to total digital broadcasting and it will be 24/7, the date being set at 2006. I don't have a copy of the FCC mandate so this isn't certain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.