AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i use 1tb time capsule or sony's cake like nas media server 1tb?

Is there any difference in new dual mode 1tb time capsule vs old or 500gb versions?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Further to the spamming comment. The challenge with forums is that you do not want to write a full coverage of the subject as it would be too long text to the forum discussion. As I study and write about media centers in general, I do not see any harm readers to continue reading on the subject elsewhere if they are interested.

I recently discovered this forum and I think it fits very nicely to my area of interest so I hope we can continue discussing on topics relating digital living room.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Tukom, I think the other person was trying to make a little joke, but it did not turn out the way he meant. You are welcome here and I see no problem with links to your blog. I hope, now that you have found us, you will stay and join in those discussion that interest you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Further for welcoming to the site.

Another point relating to the original topic: Synology has released a new firmware beta which enables native support to Time Machine backup functionality. Currently, I have Synology acting as Time Capsule, but it required a little bit tweaking. It is good that future firmwares supports this natively.

I do not know if many other NAS support Time Machine natively (expect of course Time Capsule)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts