AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen any news on what's coming in about 8 months? Will any LCD projector superior to the Sony HS20 come along? I'm building my HT in about 8 months, so I'm very curious as to what will be around then, or if the Sony HS20 will still be the best of the batch for LCD projectors :). I tried googling some but didn't come up with much :(.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
the HS-30, Z3, L600, and a bunch of other 2005 models will be on their way to production. the cycle just starts again and again. prices will be lower and quality/specs better. my advice to you would be to just start doing your research now and you'll be pretty much up to speed by the time you're ready to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Although I am ready to buy I had some of the same thoughts but given how little new, on-the-horizon stuff just didn't seem to be at the CES show I just get the feeling we won't see or here much for around six months. My poker game guess.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenTiger
Do you think something like an HS30 would be available by the time I am ready to buy :)? That would be truly awesome!
IMO ... even IF it became to fruition and was going to be released. I would be suspect if it would be availible 8 months from now (we haven't even heard definitive info on a model# HS30) ... and even if it were in production 8 months from now, you would probably fall into a massive waiting list (as seen with the HS20).

And on top of that ... paying a premium price.

AND ... being the guniea pig for a brand new piece of equipment (see firmware 1.01 on the Z2 with HDCP or the PE8700 fan spinup).

In 8 months ... you will see significant drops in pricing to current models such as the HS20. (see the Sanyo PLV70 ... 6 months ago it was selling for $5000 ... now you can get it for $4000) The HS20 is a fine piece of equipment, arguably the top LCD projector under $8000 ...

It won't be any less a great machine in 8 months ... only more "bang for the buck" because it will be cheaper.

*Disclaimer - not saying you should buy an HS20 ... just using it as an example because the door was opened with the HS30 reference.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
The HS10 came out in later October, the 20 came the following year in November - it looks like pre-Christmas - post Cedia is the release time for the HS series - with similar timing on the AE and Z series.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Epson TW-200 and TW-500 which were supposed to come out late last year and start of this year, are now supposed to enter the market at april.

Both sound very interesting: high contrast (200: 800/1, 500: 1200/1), silent (

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.