AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best HDTV with a VGA input to connect to my HTPC. I'd like to spend $2500 or less and I'm looking for the most flexibility as far as resolution goes, and also a high quality picture. I know Pioneer, Philips and Mitsubishi have sets with VGA inputs, and I'm sure there are others. The Pioneer SD-532-HD5 (last year's model) might be available under $2500 in my area, but I haven't seen one in person and don't know how it would suit my needs.

I don't have any specialized hardware in my HTPC yet, but plan on adding an HDTV card and a sound card with digital out. My original plan was to use it with a projector, and I still will someday, but for right now I'd really like to get a nice 50"-55" rear projection HDTV.

Any help is appreciated. It's hard to figure out what the capabilities of all the sets are when they aren't really designed to be used with a PC.

Thanks,

Jason

(P.S. - I know this seems to be my first post, but I guess my old account got deleted and I had to make this new one. I haven't posted in quite some time but used to read and post on a fairly regular basis.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.