AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Panasonic TH-50PX20U/P sitting on it's stand and it is working just fine. The installation team from Tweeter is showing up around 8:00 tomorrow morning to hang the tv. I will be sitting about 11-12 feet away from the tv on a sofa in my basement that has 7.5 foot ceilings. Does anyone have any basic rules to determine the correct height to hang the tv? I thought eye level would be perfect, but that definitely would put the tv too low on the wall, which sort of defeats the "hang it like a painting" concept. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have mine hung at eye level while standing, seems to work fine for me. I got a 503cmx and sit about 12 feet away I think it is just about perfect.

One thing I did before hanging mine, is I got the demensions of the tv and cut a cardboard replica of it. Hung it on the wall and sat there for 15 to 20 minutes looking at it listening to music. Just to make sure that it would not get irritating after a period of time or put a strain on my neck.

Hung the tv last week, have watched about a half dozen movies and I like the placement.

Just my opinion though, hard to quantify what is good for everyone, it is a feel kinda thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I mounted my plasma at standing eye level as well and I sit 13 - 15 feet back. It does not bother me at all. I also have my plasma tilted forward a bit. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but it does. I'm glad that I bought the tilting wall mount.

Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.