Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please I need your help!

I just install Quadscan Elite connected to XGA projector ( Vidikron D-2200) and use separate sync for horizontal and vertical.

I tried different screen aspect ratio and position very quick and mistakenly input the DILA resolution.( it confused me because QS doesn't have on screen display )

I'm aware of that, so very quickly I reset all parameter to factory default. ( 720x480 )

After that I notice that the picture have vertical strip on the left screen, immediately I turn off the projecto. About 2 minutes later I turn on the projector again, but this time vertical strip moved to the right screen. The vertical strip gone if there is no input.(blue background)

My friend told me to turn off the source,QS and projector for about 2 hours to cooling off and disconnect all power from AC outlet before I try the projector again.

He said maybe the projector still shocked with the different signal input, the signal not yet syncronized.

Also I noticed in the Vidikron's manual that if I input the RGB signal differ from the list in manual (VGA - XGA,480p,720p,1080i) , the picture may not display correctly or maybe have blue/black background.(DILA resolution not in the list)

Until I post this, I'm not yet try again my projector.

What possibilty that may cause this problem?

Will my projector damaged ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

:confused:

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Don't own a LCD projector or external scaler, but since you've received no reply, here's my two cents/195 Rupiah. You needn't be alarmed because there's nothing you can damage by varying the inputs to your LCD projector. The LCD panels can't 'burn up' or become damaged if the images aren't scaled properly.

The specifications for this projector indicate it has a built-in scaler and motion-compensation. I'd suggest disconnecting the external scaler and becoming familiar with getting satisfactory images this way. Then, assuming you bought the Elite scaler for superior performance, try it out. I've read that operating the Elite can be complex, so it sounds like you'll have numerous menus and settings to tinker with. It reads like you're scaling images with the Elite, then feeding that scaled image into the projector where it undergoes further scaling--unless the projector has some type of processing (scaling) bypass mode. Don't think you want double scaling. Good luck. -- John

EDIT ADDITION: See from your other post you've already taken similar steps and received some adjustment advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.