AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading that if the 5308ci breaks down we my have a hard time finding parts. If that is the case and I sell my 5308ci what would you recommend. Let me start by saying that I love this receiver. But if I do sell what would you get. Here are some. Onkyo TX-NR5010, Pioneer SC-68, Marantz SR7007, Denon 4520ci. I have read a lot of things on Pioneer:rolleyes: . I am looking hard at Marantz, and Denon. So what do you all think.

·
Premium Member
93,190 Posts
Correct. The 5308CI and AVP were both discontinued as a result of repair parts no longer being available. In fact the 3D/XT32 upgrade kits themselves were limited in quantity due to thisand are all but gone at this point. Either the Denon 4520CI or the Marantz 8801 would be your best alternatives as they both use the most advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT32 with Sub EQ HT (dual sub EQ) while the 7007 only uses MultEQ XT and no dual subwoofer EQ capability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.