AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Pioneer 56txi receiver. I want an ilink player bad, but can't spend the 1000+ it would take to get a 59avi or denon 3910. It seems like pioneer would come out with a 45a replacement that had ilink for someone like myself. I also went high def 2.5 years ago with a mitsu tv that only has component inputs. So, HDMI or DVI doesn't matter. I just want an affordable player.

any suggestions.

David

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I think the Yamaha s2500 is supposed to be THE player if you look at all it's features and its not very expensive relatively speaking.

* i.Link digital connection for DVD-Audio, Linear PCM, SACD

* Video Off Mode, which allows the user to turn off video circuitry that may interfere with these enhanced audio formats.

* New high-performance video DAC (216MHz/12-bit)

* HDMI, which is capable of 480p, 576p, 720p, and 1080i digital video up-conversion.

* NTSC/PAL progressive scan with DCDi� processing by Faroudja

* Supports: SACD, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, CD, CD-R/RW, picture CDs, MP3 files and JPEG files.

* SA-CD and DVD-Audio circuits are completely independent and optimized for each format,

* Independent digital and analog power circuits and transformers.

* RS-232C port for advanced custom installation capability.

MSRP reported at 749$, with street prices expected to be around 399$ in the web post that speculate. Its about due to be released, though one recent posting pushed it back to January.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.